Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2018, 07:34:08 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/GoGreenNetworks and thanks for visiting!

+  Green Eco Forum - Environmental Discussions
|-+  Green Living
| |-+  Waste and Recycling
| | |-+  Platic Recycling
| | | |-+  Plastic recycling tips
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Plastic recycling tips  (Read 5733 times)
ShadowSnake

Fuel: 2

saywhatnow1980
View Profile Email
« on: September 09, 2010, 02:32:31 PM »

A report on the production of carrier bags made from recycled rather than virgin polythene concluded that the use of recycled plastic resulted in the following environmental benefits:

- reduction of energy consumption by two-thirds
- production of only a third of the sulphur dioxide and half of the nitrous oxide
- reduction of water usage by nearly 90%
- reduction of carbon dioxide generation by two-and-a-half times

Continue reading at Plastic recycling tips

Share your knowledge and add/edit environmental articles: make it easier to be green, after all we need convenient actions, not inconvenient truths
mystyle

Fuel: 4

Lets Be`Connected!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 10:23:51 PM »

Nice to get the information regarding the recycling tips. I used to recycle all my plastic stuffs in a plastic sack itself and then when its full, I dispose it underneath the ground. I use some kind of Fiberglass Planters for planting the shrubs in my garden, and sometimes I even use the recycled stuffs as a fertilizer to the plants, but never used the plastic stuffs. I believe home made fertilizers are better than the ones with chemicals on it. Isn't it???
regards'
Jerry wool

Fuel: 0

AngelesBraasch8664@hotmail.com Jerry+wool Jerry+wool
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 02:13:41 AM »

Polyurethane is made from mixture of more than one material, it is good  it if you can avoid this and the easiest of plastics to recycle is Polyethylene. Often  we used for soda bottles, water bottles and many common food packages.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length